Topic: Joe's setup on unexpected Walter Trout jam??

Joe, I was browsing youtube and ran across this video of you and Walter Trout at the Winter Park festival in '07.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOmuKtB2jbM

I can't figure out your setup because the shot of the stage is not great. What were you using?

BTW, I hope you come back this year again to that festival. I am very thankful that I was one of the four that stayed around to see you after the gig.

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

Re: Joe's setup on unexpected Walter Trout jam??

That show..pretty crude stuff..

Fender twin reissue, UPS packing blanket as baffle
tubecreamer and Walter's Viger strat copy with missing volume knob..
Joe B

haha still an awesome tone though. Thanks!!

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

sounded pretty cool but the quality was a very rough sounding.  Joe playing that guitar kind of reminds me of his strat days.  I like Joe's playing with Les Puals because he slows it up and its just mind blowing sound that comes from him.  That was great playing but you can tell when he's playing that 25 and a half inch neck to a gibson 24 and 3/4 neck, its just smoother laid back.

AD3THREE wrote:

sounded pretty cool but the quality was a very rough sounding.  Joe playing that guitar kind of reminds me of his strat days.  I like Joe's playing with Les Puals because he slows it up and its just mind blowing sound that comes from him.  That was great playing but you can tell when he's playing that 25 and a half inch neck to a gibson 24 and 3/4 neck, its just smoother laid back.

huh?

6 (edited by Louis 2008-12-09 01:59:05)

Here, I think ADD3 is talking about the shorter scale on the Gibson, and how it can be very expressive in bends... (Which also aludes to B.B. King's statement about making each and every note count)... That part, I really to agree with. However, it doesn't mean Joe plays slower per se, on the Les Paul. There's still the unreal speed at times-
  On a related note, I saw the coolest little "tone thief" today... called a BOSS FDR-1.  I gotta have one. Named for the Fender Deluxe reverb, it captures some of what I love in a pedal (I wonder if Joe has that in the loop somewhere?) ... It seems to give you some extra sustain (which as a Strat player, I deffinitely want) but it's a sustain without all the distortion.  Plus, it's got some of the other attributes that make that amp what it is- cool little guy.

"All You have to do is write one true sentence..." E. Hemingway