Topic: WCR Pickups

http://www.wcrguitar.com  Anybody heard of these guys and any input on them?  I've heard good things on their site but thought I'd investigate away from their site.  I'm interested in either the Dark Burst, Crossroads, or the Filmoure pickups.

Re: WCR Pickups

Jim is a great guy and has a " Can Do" attitude.. I have a double set of whites in one of my vintage LP's...  They sound great..
JB

I wasn't aware that you were sporting vintage LPs. God knows the road doesn't see them but I'm interested...

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

Thanks Joe

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Jim is a great guy and has a " Can Do" attitude.. I have a double set of whites in one of my vintage LP's...  They sound great..
JB

5 (edited by ken 2009-01-11 15:34:51)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

JB

I wonder what set Joe got (maybe a custom wind?). They all sound great to me (judging from the sound clips), I'd have a hard time deciding. I've never heard anyone say anything but good things about them, on the les paul forums.

Yes,i have a set DarkBurst in my EPI LES PAUL built in 1989 in Korea, and i tell you, many pickups are good , but those , are awesome for me, but like always, the bottom line it's you,your ear,you're feeling that will chose for you !!

All the best. Loïc

Epiphone Les Paul 1989 with bridge & neck WCR DarkBurst set pickups , Burny Les Paul Custom från 80 ' late with bb2 & bb3 ,Fender Princeton Reverb 68 , Joe Bonamassa Face Fuzz Dunlop ,MXR Micro Flanger , Ts 808 tubescreamer reissue , Boss DD 3 made in Taiwan ,  MXR Dyna Comp , MXR Distortion +,MXR Joe Bonamassa Fet Driver

LOVE them and concur with Joe.  AND...It looks like you will be seeing my ugly face on the WCR artist page very soon too, dragging down Joe's good looks. I run the Godwood/Darkburst with the Joe winding in a '79 LP custom.  Jim calls them the cherrybuckers set. Jim is just one of the greatest guys, rare to find great service anymore. JUMP!

Where the hell does one get a black-backed gold top anyway?