Topic: OK heres some pics

I finally got around to taking some pics of my gear.  It's a little out of control, but I can't help myself LOL.  Check it out.  Thanks Joe for being so cool and giving me advice.

http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17 … /Set%20Up/

I'd like to post some video, but IDK how I'm going to record it properly.  Maybe outside when it warms up in a few months.

From frozen LI,
Ben

Re: OK heres some pics

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Les Paul Standard Desert Burst
Les Paul 58' Reissue Cherry Burst or a Les Paul Classic 1960's
Les Paul Standard Ice Tea Burst
SG 61' Reissue
Firebird III
Les Paul Jr.
Epiphone Sherlton
G&L Tele (I know it starts with an A but I cant think of the name)
Stratocaster 70's Reissue
All topped off with a Jazz III Dunlop.

Not too shabby for a guy in his 20's.  I wish I did like you instead of buying so many Strats when I was cutting my teeth.

I recognize the early 70's gibson embossed pickup covers anywhere. I always felt I was one of the few and proud that had those!
Are the guitars as old as the pickups? (LP & SG w/embossed pu's)

-Nic

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

No the guitars aren't that old.  I collect those pick up covers b/c they look cool.  I plan on doing it to all my guitars, but they are so rare being made for only a very short time.  Then when you find a set, they have to be matching (screw holes facing the right way) and not rusted/tarnished or dinged up.

The Cherry Sunburst is a 58 RI and the Firebird is a V not a III.  The III has a vibrato arm and the V has a stop TP and Bridge.  I bought it a few years back b/c I dig Johnny Winter a lot, so I hooked it up like his a little with the proper knobs and all.  Then like 3 or 4 months later Gibson announced his  Sig model.  I was like hey that was my idea first lol.  But I can't complain, the man is a legend and one of my favorites.  As long as it doesn't have his name on it so its good (I won't play some one's Sig model, the only one I'll ever play is mine if I ever got my own Sig LP).

Ben

So Ben, I guess you don't really like Gibson's huh? wink Hope you have a licence to fly those my friend. Cool gear, good work.

Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Wow, very impressive!! I like your pictures on the wall too ... looks cool. cool

Eva

GoT MuLe 31788 wrote:

No the guitars aren't that old.  I collect those pick up covers b/c they look cool.  I plan on doing it to all my guitars, but they are so rare being made for only a very short time.  Then when you find a set, they have to be matching (screw holes facing the right way) and not rusted/tarnished or dinged up.

Ben

Mine are stock on my guitar, I've always looked at them on eBay. Just the pickup covers go for QUITE a bit!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

thats Great DUDE!! I am honored that you have used my four amp model...  Two things.. What are the Cabinets?  they look like old style DumbleLand 4 x12s..  (Dumbleland was the 300 watt Dumble)  and are they 50 or 100 watters or a mixture of both.. and do you find the shield useful?  I guess thats three things..  Great looking rig Yo!!
Joe B

nice looking gear!

GoT MuLe 31788 wrote:

(I won't play some one's Sig model, the only one I'll ever play is mine if I ever got my own Sig LP).

Ben

You may not have noticed, but every Les Paul is a sig model  : )

Nice collection!

It really is a very impressive collection.  Which ones your number one?

Very nice collection indeed!  Is that a JTM30 behind you?

Don't play leapfrog with a unicorn

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

thats Great DUDE!! I am honored that you have used my four amp model...  Two things.. What are the Cabinets?  they look like old style DumbleLand 4 x12s..  (Dumbleland was the 300 watt Dumble)  and are they 50 or 100 watters or a mixture of both.. and do you find the shield useful?  I guess thats three things..  Great looking rig Yo!!
Joe B

Hey Joe - Thanks man - that totally made my day that you dig it!  It took a while and I'm still learning and constantly changing settings on things.  IDK how you came up with this idea, but it works lol.  The cabs are all 2x12's with EV's and were made by a guy I found making cabs on eBay.  I originally purchased one to match my Fuchs and I had a matching cab for the Mesa.  Well about a year ago I asked about speakers and you recommended the EV's.  I grabbed them and put them in the Fuchs cab.  I demoed the Mesa through it and WOW 100% better.  I took apart the Mesa cab and it was loaded with extra wood and it was thick and heavy - it made my amp sound so dark and blanketed.  So I contacted the guy and worked out a deal for 3 more matching cabs so it looked uniform and sized up properly.  They are great cabs.  Front loaded and not a lot of excess wood - I believe it makes the sound breathe more.  I wish they were 4x12's, but for the ease of mobility ( no road crew yet lol) and not playing great big theaters like you, I opted for the 2x12's.  If I ever did a tour or anything I would def. get 4x12's.  Do you do the oversized cabs to get a better bass response?  You are the only person I've seen do that.

The amps are all 50 watters except the Mesa which is selectable, but I leave it on 100 b/c it rolls off nicer.

The shields are amazing.  I like to play pretty loud and before I built the shields, I could feel the sound blasting me in the chest.  Even though its in a room, I can stand in front of it and not feel it (but hear it, and so does the families around the block lol).  I can only imagine how much it works in a live stage setting.  Even your rig is loud, but when you hear it, your just hearing it.  It's nice instead of getting blasted with an amp lol.  Even at low volumes I would totally recommend them to anybody now just b/c it pushes the sound towards your ears.  The red things are also isolators.  I saw one in GC and showed my dad (carpenter by trade) and he helped design and build them and the shields.  They make a huge difference in tone, articulation, and drive.  Both were super easy to build.

The desert burst I'm holding in the pic is my favorite.  It was the first Gibson I bought for myself new a while ago so its a part of me.  I play it so hard, in a good - the way they should be played, but I baby it when I’m done jamming lol.  All my guitars have a certain personality to them though and thats why I grabbed them up.

Anyway, I'm stoked that you like my rig Joe and I've been listening to your advice.  I greatly appreciate it.  I'm looking forward to seeing you at Westbury and West Hampton.

Ben

PS - Joe your pic is up there between Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy, under Santana.  I wasn't planning on such a huge rig when I did the pics of my hero’s, so I have to do a little rearranging of the photos, but you are up there!

Beerdog80 wrote:

Very nice collection indeed!  Is that a JTM30 behind you?

Yes- its a very cool little amp.  That and a HRD were the two real amps I started on.  The HRD is gone now.

There is also a 100 watt Marshall Plexi on the floor behind the wall of amps lol

AWESOME RIG DUDE !!!  love those les pauls rock on!!!

D.

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

Ok guys I have a modest rig but I gig regular. and need something
that is easy to transport. but dont be misled it still sounds great to
my ears.

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo57 … C01572.jpg

cheers D.

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

17 (edited by Stratovari 2009-01-13 08:28:23)

Hi Ben,

this looks much like a pro rig that you have.
Congrats! I know that this rig is not just expensive, its also very
time consuming to tweak it right sounding.
Maybe you can upload a clip to hear how it sounds?

Here is my (not so impressive) rig.
I try to kept it small. http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/90m6-b-jpg.html
I paired the Marshall and the Budda. The cab is a simple 2x12 one
with a EV12L for the Marshall and a G12H30 heritage for the Budda.
Some TS pedals and a DD-3 in the loop of the budda. Thats it.
The Intellifex on the left is not used currently.
It still looks kinda messy but I'm still sorting things...:D

Another guitar pic
http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/90m6-c-jpg.html

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

Hi SOFTMC,

very impressive too. And all looks so clean.
I feel embarassed already to show the birds nest of my rig lol
How do you like Carl Martin drive and boost?

I made a video clip already. It sounds ok but its 40 MB big though it mpg.
Need to find out how to make them small, then i can upload.

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de