1 (edited by Rafke182 2009-01-29 13:19:47)

Topic: Wich amp on these demostrations from Joe's playing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9rjpyLR … re=related

I like the sound a lot and i gues they didn't had his whole gigsetup there for this so i gues one amp.

A marshall 50w plexi or so? DSL series, vintage modern? who knows?

Thanks everybody.

Re: Wich amp on these demostrations from Joe's playing?

Nobody?:|

I'll lend a helping (or perhaps misleading) hand my man!  Sounds small, low wattage...my best guess would be a small Marshall combo.  He used a 1974x I believe for the demonstrations in a guitar magazine.  Maybe a cranked Fender Princeton?  He has said that the Princetons are his favorite Fender amps and claims to use a vintage one at home for practice.  So either a small Marshall or Fender combo + $6000 Les Paul + Jesus Fingers = Joe's tone on that clip!  Good luck man!

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Thanks stratpaulguy86.

I hope your right on the 1974x thing here, there's also some delay or reverb on the clips?

I hoped JB would give me a clew on this one because this is the sound i'm looking for.

Not to much overdrive and tight and still shimmers thrue.

Thanks

That amp was Gibsons Epiphone Blues valve thingy or something like that.. They are like 250 dollars.. a good sounding amp.. That was my 58 historic that now has black plastic and a bigsby..
Thanks Joe B:D

Thanks a lot JB.;)

God thats a good sounding amp for the price, may pick one of those up.

That's the amp I recommended to Eva Darling.  I like 'em.  I mean for what they are...right smart.  If you add the xtra cab to the half stack...sweeeet.

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

That amp was Gibsons Epiphone Blues valve thingy or something like that.. They are like 250 dollars.. a good sounding amp.. That was my 58 historic that now has black plastic and a bigsby..
Thanks Joe B:D

Thats an R8? Wow, beautiful top for something that's supposed to be plain :-P

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan