Topic: Heads Up For a Jubilee Clone!

Hey everyone, just figured I'd spread the word that Ceriatone is now offering a 50 watt Marshall Jubilee clone, 2550 model I believe.  I believe the 2555 is soon to follow...I am very interested in the 2555 for the obvious reasons, but need to buy a house first to keep all my gear...:rolleyes: I will let you guys know how they sound if/when I get one.  Maybe a fellow Bonamassa fan can take the plunge first and let us all know how they sound?:D Oh and the prices are good too, I believe around $700 for a completed amp.  Add a custom white plexi cab....ahhhh I got the GAS again!

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Re: Heads Up For a Jubilee Clone!

I d be interested in hearing what they have done.. But right off the bat they missed the mark I think... The 50 watt and the 100 watt Jubilees are completely different animals.. they should of done the 100.. IMHO
JB:cool:

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I d be interested in hearing what they have done.. But right off the bat they missed the mark I think... The 50 watt and the 100 watt Jubilees are completely different animals.. they should of done the 100.. IMHO

I wonder if there is any difference on the circuit but the two added tubes and bigger transformers ? I have heard several Dumble clone builders prefer the 100w over the 50w models. Is it just the added headroom or what makes the 100w superior to 50w model ?
Or is it just that the gigging volume level needs the 100w power.

Joe, do You use a dumbleator or similar loop buffer device for the delays on Your Silver Jubilees ?

Thanks,
Mat

The Jubilee has the greatest effects loop.. I dont use the twinklator with that..  I use several buffered things in the chain.  Different amps have different effects running through them. Its all about not over doing it.  A chorus and reverb run through the VanWeelden or Second Carol Ann.  A straight up reverb ( diaz) goes through the JB-100 Carol Ann through the front input. there is a Arion chorus going in the rig this week along with a few other bells and whistles.  the Rig is getting redone for the new year.  So the first pictures of 09 might now be the same as 08.  I get bored and need to try new things. Amp guys get mad at me, but I tell them thats the deal up front. 
Keep you posted.. Im setting everything up next week..
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

The Jubilee has the greatest effects loop.. I dont use the twinklator with that..  I use several buffered things in the chain.  Different amps have different effects running through them. Its all about not over doing it.  A chorus and reverb run through the VanWeelden or Second Carol Ann.  A straight up reverb ( diaz) goes through the JB-100 Carol Ann through the front input. there is a Arion chorus going in the rig this week along with a few other bells and whistles.  the Rig is getting redone for the new year.  So the first pictures of 09 might now be the same as 08.  I get bored and need to try new things. Amp guys get mad at me, but I tell them thats the deal up front. 
Joe B

as the quote says..........

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I just emailed Nik and I'm almost 100% positive that a 100 watter is on the way, I think he sells more 50 watters generally for his Marshall style amps so that is my guess why the lower wattage model was released first.  Nik said the circuits are identical but the trannies will probably be different...perhaps that is where the midrange difference is?  I also believe this will be all point-to-point handwired vs. the PCB of the originals...he was able to convert the JCM800's to PTP so I imagine the Jubilee clones will be the same?  By the way Joe, I'm sure it would make Nik's year to build you an army of 2555's!  Not to mention Nik can tweak any circuit to your liking for little/no charge... http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPage … mplete.htm
I'm stoked that he is making them because it doesn't seem like Marshall wants to ever reissue them.  Awesome alternative for guys not wanting to take their precious Jubes to the gigs or guys like me who can't justify the $$$$ for the real mccoy.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

I second that !!!! Let us know the results. I am very interested.

Finally!  I was wondering who would be first to make the jump in cloning the Jubilee since Marshall does not appear to have an interest in doing a reissue.  I'm going to order the 100w as soon as it is available!

Don't play leapfrog with a unicorn

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Thanks for the info Joe ! I'll start to convert my diy Trainwreck build into Silver Jubilee ASAP.

Mat

I got an E-mail from Nik yesterday at Ceritone.   I'm waiting for a Plexi - 50 from him.  I told him there was a lot of buzz about his new silver jub  50 watt clone.  He told me the 100 watt 2555 was on the way as well.  Can't wait to get the Plexi - 50.  Just thought you should know.

mat wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Thanks for the info Joe ! I'll start to convert my diy Trainwreck build into Silver Jubilee ASAP.

Mat

jimR8 wrote:

I got an E-mail from Nik yesterday at Ceritone.   I'm waiting for a Plexi - 50 from him.  I told him there was a lot of buzz about his new silver jub  50 watt clone.  He told me the 100 watt 2555 was on the way as well.  Can't wait to get the Plexi - 50.  Just thought you should know.

mat wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Mat

I bet they'll go in the $1300 + range which isn't bad if they can match the 2555 exactly. A tall order IMHO. I have a 88/2555, to me it's the primo of all Marshall amps.

I am gonna order a OTS soon as I have the $$ in hand. Nik has been very nice answering any and all my questions. He's exceptional to deal with.

The difference between the 1987 and Plexi100 Ceriatone amps are about $140, so my logic says that the 2555 will be around $850 without a head cabinet (the 2550 is $690 without a head cab).  A head cabinet at www.gabkits.com for the 100w Marshalls are between $200-$270.  So add a couple hundred for the shipping from Malaysia...All in all a 100 watt 2555 clone will probably be around $1120 at your door!  That's a great price if the 2555 can compete tonewise with the original.  I know a bunch of the guys on this forum own a Jubilee, hopefully you guys will take the plunge and give us an A/B comparison. Maybe Joe could get one and give us the scoop because I'm very curious how close they are to the real thing.  I guess time will tell.

I'm not in the market for another 2555 but I would be willing to meet up with someone in my area if they were to purchase a Ceriatone so we could A/B them.

I wrote to Nik and suggested that when they're ready to send one to ToneQuest Report for them to review. Since JB is a member of their editorial board maybe he could help them with one of his many Jub's for them to compare it to. A favorable review from TQR would really boost sales!!

Spider wrote:

I'm not in the market for another 2555 but I would be willing to meet up with someone in my area if they were to purchase a Ceriatone so we could A/B them.

I wrote to Nik and suggested that when they're ready to send one to ToneQuest Report for them to review. Since JB is a member of their editorial board maybe he could help them with one of his many Jub's for them to compare it to. A favorable review from TQR would really boost sales!!

Nik said he would like to send one to Joe.

Joe, if you would like to test one of the new Ceriatone 2555 please message me with the address you'd like the amp to go to.

Thanks!
Spider

Spider wrote:
Spider wrote:

Nik said he would like to send one to Joe.

Joe, if you would like to test one of the new Ceriatone 2555 please message me with the address you'd like the amp to go to.

Thanks!
Spider

I can personally highly recommend Ceriatone too as I have a Trainwreck, a Dumble & Matchless DC30 (on order) & a Marshall 18-watt clones- they're fantastic sounding well built amps for the money- and in these credit crunch times they make more sense than ever- I can't praise Nik and his team enough in their enthusiasm & attention to detail- now a 100w Jubilee handwired version?  Oh dear- I feel my wallet is about to take another  hit!

This don't look like no express way to me...

Wow, if Joe is getting one soon I'd like to hear what he thinks about it.  Joe let us know!

Hi,

Got an email from Nik today.
The price for the 50 watt will be around 1250$ including head cab.
Soon he update his site with pics and info about this amp.
Then I decide wether to order or not.

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

So thats about $1450 - $1500 delivered to the US.