Topic: Joe using products again that rhyme with "Bender"??

I was scrolling through the brand new GP article featuring everyone's favorite guitar master and was left totally confused.  In the article Joe explains that he recorded much (if not most) of the new album with *GASPS* Fender amps!  Not to mention, amongst a sea of Gibsons and such are a couple of vintage sunburst Strats! (he did mention that NO Strats/Teles made it on the new record)  He also mentions a guy he admires that uses a Strat as his main axe but he "doesn't hold it against him".  He dogs Fender one minute but then uses their gear for his records...I'm totally confused!  I just found it humorous, good luck on the new album Joe and I'll be picking a copy up ASAP (Fender tones and all hehehe).

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Re: Joe using products again that rhyme with "Bender"??

stratpaulguy86 wrote:

I was scrolling through the brand new GP article featuring everyone's favorite guitar master and was left totally confused.  In the article Joe explains that he recorded much (if not most) of the new album with *GASPS* Fender amps!  Not to mention, amongst a sea of Gibsons and such are a couple of vintage sunburst Strats! (he did mention that NO Strats/Teles made it on the new record)  He also mentions a guy he admires that uses a Strat as his main axe but he "doesn't hold it against him".  He dogs Fender one minute but then uses their gear for his records...I'm totally confused!  I just found it humorous, good luck on the new album Joe and I'll be picking a copy up ASAP (Fender tones and all hehehe).

I think he is against all new fender stuff.  The old stuff he prob. lets slide by.  I absolutely hate Fenders, but the old stuff is nice to play.  There is somehting about it that the new stuff doesn't have.  Heart, soul, a character?  IDK lol...

Ben

I agree with the statement about "new" Fenders. I've got a couple newer strats that have been totally modded... one's even getting the body replaced soon... with a custom made mahogany (old wood) body. So all that leaves on that one is the neck.. it's nice but not that nice. I'm pretty much done with the newer Fender stuff, too. Les Pauls and Marshalls..... ahhhh ..... that's what I'm talkin' bout !!

Not that I approve of what fender did to Joe in the past but I bought an American Deluxe Ash Strat last year and it is just fantastic.   Okay so it might tweak my berries that they used a 3 piece body and didn't make sure the grain of the wood matched... but other than that I can't find a single thing to say bad about it.

i agree with the previous post.....what fender did to joe.... yea it sucked. it was a sneaky behind-the-back- trick, and HE has every right to be upset about it.  i also agree that SOME of the new fender products suck, like the vg strat or whatever the one is that has all that extra electronics on it,  thats just not a guitar to me.  i've played through the new american standard strats....i dont see anything wrongwith them.  i also happen to own a new 64 vibroverb diaz model amp, that is by far the best amp i've ever played through.  anyway, i agree that SOME of the new fender stuff isnt good, and i agree that joe's ordeal with fender sucked. but not all fender,   should i say not all new fender is bad.

I don't really thing it's fair to say the new stuff is bad, many companies aren't really making their stuff "as good as the old days" such as Marshall, Gibson, Vox, and Fender.  That being said I have a '57 RI Strat that smokes, my dad has a American Deluxe Ash that is a tone monster.  I like the vintage RI amps and some of the newer amps too (Supersonic, Blues Jr., Pro Jr., HRD, etc.)  My original '65 Bassman though has a better tone than any newer Fender amp I have played through though.  I guess everyone makes junk and you have to find what works for you.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

I have a 2007 Fender Deluxe American Strat that just screams tone...Love the S1 tone switch on it....getting some creamy p-90 tones with that puppy...but with that being said, she still is my second guitar to my Goldtop....

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

Hello, New to this forum.
Curious as to what Fender did to Joe.

In the end they are simply tools.   Love em' all.  Play em' all.

I have a  stratocaster hot rod 1962 reissue of 2006. All I can say is that it's an amazing guitar. I really like it. But I agree that big company as Fender, Gibson, Vox and MArshall send us cheaper stock today and it's not just for the music instrument.....think about furniture, household appliance, car.

In modern day company use cheaper material for good price, and engage workforce for good price too to maximize profits and fender just do it too.

I don't believe in psychology....I believe in good move - Robert James (Bobby) Fischer

Oh, stop dissing Fender guys. Yeah, they did the wrong thing with Joe but s*** happens. Sure, they make some bad gear but they make some damn fine guitars too so credit where it's due eh? Hell, where would the history of the electric guitar be without Fender?? Let's move on from this 'F' word nonsense and appreciate the good stuff that they make (and have a healthy disrespect for the crap too tongue )

Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

I think fender makes some of the best amps on the planet. And nobody here can say that Strats and Tele's have some of the most classic tones ever. Look at the best of the best and you see a lot of fenders.

The truth is some of you have your head so far up Joe's rear end that if he stopped playing Les Pauls and started playing Fender Jazzmasters you all would sell your stuff on ebay and start Anti Gibson rants.

Fender makes great guitars.  They always have and always will.  I dont feel like the new guitars are holding me back from playing any better than the old stuff. That said I love my 58 reissue Les Paul too.  They are tools. I use them when the mood hits me right.

-Peace

Fender's will always be the best guitars for the money. Working man's guitar, you can drop that thing a hundred times and keep on playing. One day I was riding my harley to an open Jam in Fox Lake IL. I had the guitar in a gig bag on my back and the zipper moved and the guitar went flying down the road. I could not believe it, my heart sank. I pulled over and ran back for my baby and it had a few dents on the back. I went to the jam put on a new string and jammed my **** off.

Can someone please tell me what Fender did to Joe? Everytime I see Joe at a show I ask him what happend to the Strats and he just shakes his head.

They made a replica of his sparkle strat without permission.
Im sure theres more mind you.

I've seen that guitar but I was not aware that Joe Bonamassa was the only strat player to ever pickup  a sparkle top Stratocaster.  Didn't Dick Dale have one that was a signature model?

gsj wrote:

Oh, stop dissing Fender guys. Yeah, they did the wrong thing with Joe but s*** happens. Sure, they make some bad gear but they make some damn fine guitars too so credit where it's due eh? Hell, where would the history of the electric guitar be without Fender?? Let's move on from this 'F' word nonsense and appreciate the good stuff that they make (and have a healthy disrespect for the crap too tongue )

Geoff

jgalvan8804 wrote:

The truth is some of you have your head so far up Joe's rear end that if he stopped playing Les Pauls and started playing Fender Jazzmasters you all would sell your stuff on ebay and start Anti Gibson rants.

Hallelujah! These men speak the troof!

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

AD3THREE wrote:

I've seen that guitar but I was not aware that Joe Bonamassa was the only strat player to ever pickup  a sparkle top Stratocaster.  Didn't Dick Dale have one that was a signature model?

Whats up with sensoring a mans name for crying out loud?  Should I have just put Richard instead?