Topic: Beale Street Music Festival 2009

Nice lineup here, but I'll be in England for something pretty good too....heres the link below...this is a blast, I highly recommend this festival, so be there or be square smile

http://www.thebealestreetmusicfestival. … lineup.htm

Re: Beale Street Music Festival 2009

Not as many blues artists as they used to have, IIRC. Was thinking about heading over for the weekend, but I'll probably pass on it this year.

3 (edited by Curby 2009-03-07 21:10:36)

Thanks Dave for the reminder.  Looks like a great line-up of artists.  I used to go to this festival every year until it got so big it was no longer fun to attend.  I always enjoyed seeing the bands that played at the clubs versus the outdoor stages on the river. If I did wander to the river it was always early afternoon with the almost famous groups that were usually pretty darn good.  Saw 3 Doors Down one year early in the day.

WOW!!!!!, A little something for everybody there.

Is JDawg going to RAH with you?

rpic wrote:

Negative Randu, not in the budget, but I'll see you at AC/DC this summer on their return trip to the Bay Area. Still waitin' on the announcement.

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

guitarjosh wrote:

Not as many blues artists as they used to have, IIRC. Was thinking about heading over for the weekend, but I'll probably pass on it this year.

Steve Miller has been on a "back to his roots" blues mission the past year and just might focus on his new blues material for this gig. He's really on top of his game lately.

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Boy I hope they come back to the States.....and you bet I'm there if they do!

ohiodawg13 wrote:
rpic wrote:

Negative Randu, not in the budget, but I'll see you at AC/DC this summer on their return trip to the Bay Area. Still waitin' on the announcement.

Think Green,

J Dawg

107.7 The Bone leaked it just after the Dec. show there's no date firmed up yet. Heard on the Weed Man's show so you know it's gospel.

Think Green,

J Dawg