Topic: Joe Bonamassa Teams Up with Carol Ann for Signature Amp

Guys-

those of you with deep pockets might like to look at this link- a Bonamassa signature Carol Anne amp- not much chance of me getting one here in the UK tho' - (sigh)

That's Rock'n'Roll eh? sad

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I … e_Amp.aspx

This don't look like no express way to me...

2 (edited by Angela 2009-03-13 01:27:21)

Re: Joe Bonamassa Teams Up with Carol Ann for Signature Amp

Hi Mitch,
I got this news in an e-mail yesterday from Premier Guitars.  There was another thread about these amps before and Joe made it known he was real happy with them.  Every time I see this Carol Ann name I still sing, Hey Carrie Ann what's your game now, can anybody play... big_smile 

Anyway, I just read that Joe is not making money on these amps, he's doing it as a thank you for Alan (amp company) whose been really helpful and supportive to Joe, which once again reiterates to me that we have a good Joe on our hands here.  smile  And as for the dudes with crappy Joe-envy attitudes...you can't keep a good man down...

Mitch- are you the same Mitch I mailed CD's to a while ago?  Cool story about your friend's photos in GuitarPlayer...the new issue just came, Joe is #1 Blues Guitarist!  Keep ridin' the wave for a long time Joe and keep being you! smile

I just dug up this from an old thread.

"Hi Folks,
I had a chuckle reading the comments on the name of my Company and felt I should set the story straight. Carol-Ann is not my mothers name...Kathleen-Sheila doesn't have quite the same ring to it...LOL !!
I am an Englishman, but have been living just north of Boston, MA for 5 years. I own a full time custom amp building Company in North Andover, MA.
I'm originally an Industrial Control and Instrumentation Engineer by trade. I earned my Masters in Electronic Engineering. I've been playing guitar since I was 8 and building and repairing amps since I was 16.
I came to the US as a Consultant for a large pharmaceutical Company and that is where I met my wife to be.....Carol-Ann. In 2004 I decided to build myself yet another amp, even though at the time we really couldn't afford it. I got around my wife by naming the amp after her.
In early 2006, I had had enough of Corporate life and left and formed my own business, Carol-Ann Custom Amplifiers, LLC. The name had stuck. At first mainly doing repairs and rebuilds, but building the odd amp here and there.
I got a couple of my amps in to the hands of a awesome session player called Matte Henderson, he loved them and bought both on the spot. Matte put me in touch with a bunch of other influential guys like David Torn, Doc from Bad Brains, Lance Keltner, Cliff Cultreri, Tomo Fujita etc
The thing with Joe was a combination of lucky circumstances. Joe was playing at a place local to me that I sometimes run FOH sound for so I was going there anyway. Lance Keltner phoned me up and said I should bring an amp down for Joe to try at sound check. I was a little embarrassed just turning up with an amp, but Lance insisted that Joe was totally cool it.
He certainly was. What a great guy, we chatted about gear for ages and he made me feel welcome and glad I had brought an amp. He tried the amp out, loved it and paid a deposit for his own custom model that night.
Hopefully Joe continues to love the amp.
Essentially, it is like a Dumbleized Marshall. The gain structure is similar to a HRM Dumble, but it is voiced a little different. It is a 100W with a very strong power stage that keeps together even at high volumes. Joe runs his amps pretty hard.
If you want to say hi, check out www.myspace.com/alanphillips or check out Carol-Anns website www.carolannamps.com
Kind Regards, Alan Phillips"

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

3 (edited by stratpaulguy86 2009-03-13 08:26:05)

I really don't understand the gripes against Joe, he TOTALLY deserves gear with his name on it IMO and is the a really good guy.  I've never met Joe unfortunately but you can really tell through a lot of his interviews and videos that all he cares about is making great music and helping to inspire others to do the same.  And to all the stories from those IDIOTS at Guitar Center...don't believe them.  I fullheartedly believe that Joe was being disrespected by not being treated BETTER than he was.  I am a frequent customer at Guitar Center to the point where everyone knows me by name and I still get dropped down the "priority list" by some 15 year old buying a $4 pack of strings.  I was about to by my $1500 dollar Dr.Z from them and it took forever to get any help because I kept being told to wait so they could help the guys buying string winders and patch cables.  My point is if another chart topping blues artist like Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, BB King, Derek Trucks etc were to walk in the store would bend over backwards to do whatever  to make them happy.  Finally, Joe CONSTANTLY claims that his pedals are all stock and can be picked up at any GUITAR CENTER...I would rethink helping their name Joe and just replace it with "most music chains".  Sorry for the rant everyone, I just hate it when people are so shortsighted and inconsiderate.  Now I feel better. cool

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Angela- many thanks for all the info!!! - I'm not sure about the CD's- when & what was it you may have sent? Sincere apologies if I don't recall- I've had a pretty tough year personally and it's been a bit of a foggy blur to be honest! I just wanted to pass on the info to y'all- the point I was making is that with the awful exchange rate & the fact I live in the UK means it's unlikely I'll ever try a Carol-Anne amp! - but I shouldn't complain- I have a Ceriatone Overtone which is very cool for the money,  plus Ceriatone hand-wired versions of a Matchless, Trainwreck & a Marshall! And yes, my buddy Marty is a very happy chap- who wouldn't be with having some of your Joe B gig pictures published in no less a magazine than Guitar Player- how cool is that!

This don't look like no express way to me...