Topic: Joe playing a MUSIC MAN...

check it out here...

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth … p?t=528000

Re: Joe playing a MUSIC MAN...

That's his John Petrucci Baritone guitar - he uses it on TBOJH live

-Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

That's a bari? Neck doesn't look long enough...

Bari is Baritone neck its longer and tuned lower then a standard guitar, think standard tuning starting with
B, F, A#, D#, G, B  $notes lower then Standard E which is E, A, D, G, B, E.  You string it up with heavy strings almost like bass but not all the way.  No thats not a Bariton guitar but Joe strings that guitar up the way you would a Baritone.

Joe is also playing a Steve Morse Signature model, its the purple sunset burst.

Joe uses the John Petrucci Baritone.  He puts heavier strings on it and tunes it to C# (With the Dropped B for John Henry).  He talks about this in the GP article.

Yeah, it's a baritone. I think he used another music man, I think for Mountain Time, at the Birchmere show. Is this a Baritone? It looked to be the same guitar used on TBOJH.

You know, I have a lot more gear than I need, but not as much as I want.

Hey guys,
        I am actually using a John P Barri tone tuned to C for BOJH and a Steve Morse Model for "Mountain Time" these days.. Musicman guitars are really nice and sound very good.. Plus they are super nice people as well. Highly recommended. 
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey guys,
        I am actually using a John P Barri tone tuned to C for BOJH and a Steve Morse Model for "Mountain Time" these days.. Musicman guitars are really nice and sound very good.. Plus they are super nice people as well. Highly recommended. 
Joe B

I can understand the Petrucci Baritone for BOJH due to the longer scale length, but why the Morse for Mountain Time Joe???  The iconic axe for that tune in my eyes is no doubt the Gigliotti.  After seeing you last year I remember going home and swearing it was the best sounding guitar you played the whole night.  Could've been the tune though, GREAT SONG.  So Joe when is the MM Joe Bonamassa model coming out???  That would be sweeeet.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Right! Music Man guitars are so great - but tooo expensive for me as I'm only a student hmm

@Stratpaulguy: That's right, Mountain Time has to be played with a Gigliotti!!!!!!!!!

Here are my tabbed songs by "Smokin' Joe": http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7236
I LIKE MUSIC! big_smile big_smile big_smile

While Musicman's are a little pricey they are nowhere near what Custom Shop Gibsons and Fenders are, especially with signature models.  I think if Joe were to convince Ernie Ball to make him a JB signature Baratone that would be awesome.  I'd get one just to play BOJH, what a great tune!

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

stratpaulguy86 wrote:

While Musicman's are a little pricey they are nowhere near what Custom Shop Gibsons and Fenders are, especially with signature models.  I think if Joe were to convince Ernie Ball to make him a JB signature Baratone that would be awesome.  I'd get one just to play BOJH, what a great tune!

You can play more on 'em than just TBOJH! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Here are my tabbed songs by "Smokin' Joe": http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7236
I LIKE MUSIC! big_smile big_smile big_smile