Topic: Vintage old Stella (w/out the Harmony name) parlor guitar

Yesterday at a huge flea market I came across a very old Stella (w/out the Harmony name)
"parlor size" guitar with it's original case. The case is what caught my eye as it was in excellent condition sitting there baking in the sun. It was a faux Alligator type case -no rips or tears and had all of the latches too.
When I opened up the case I found a very good plus condition guitar with no cracks/breaks/splits and it still had the original pickguard intact. I don't know that much about these guitars...but it came home with me  for  only 40.00...(from the initial price of 120.00.)
I looked up the Stella site and it does not show it but mentions something about Harmony took over in the year of 1940?  P/s it does have somekind of trap-tailpiece with a floating bridge.....the color is a sunburst.
Looks like it will be a great slide piece...Any info would be helpful....thx, Don

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Re: Vintage old Stella (w/out the Harmony name) parlor guitar

You can get it appraised here http://www.stellaguitars.com

airportdon wrote:

Yesterday at a huge flea market I came across a very old Stella (w/out the Harmony name)
"parlor size" guitar with it's original case. The case is what caught my eye as it was in excellent condition sitting there baking in the sun. It was a faux Alligator type case -no rips or tears and had all of the latches too.
When I opened up the case I found a very good plus condition guitar with no cracks/breaks/splits and it still had the original pickguard intact. I don't know that much about these guitars...but it came home with me  for  only 40.00...(from the initial price of 120.00.)
I looked up the Stella site and it does not show it but mentions something about Harmony took over in the year of 1940?  P/s it does have somekind of trap-tailpiece with a floating bridge.....the color is a sunburst.
Looks like it will be a great slide piece...Any info would be helpful....thx, Don

mbcl wrote:

You can get it appraised here http://www.stellaguitars.com

airportdon wrote:

Thx for the info....I did not see that part in the web site for Stella guitars