Topic: Tea For One

I was wondering did Joe sing on Tea For One or did he have somebody else sing it? I've read on some websites that he didn't. It doesn't really sound like him but I'm hoping that it is because I love his cover of the song.

Re: Tea For One

The singer is Doug Henthorn from the healing sixes.

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

Okay thanks. I had a feeling it wasn't Joe, but I wasn't sure.

Would be fun if Joe added it to the set list at some point.  Great song and Joe's interpretation is a favorite of mine.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

dknight16 wrote:

Would be fun if Joe added it to the set list at some point.  Great song and Joe's interpretation is a favorite of mine.

I totally agree. I couldn't find a live version on youtube anywhere. I've been listening to You & Me a bunch lately.

I believe he did it one time live, but he sang Blues Deluxe over it.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Would be a good one for BCC to consider as a cover. Glenn Hughes  should manage it with his vocal range.

'Try as you might to keep a lid on a good time, you can't do it. When people want to have a good time....' - Billy Gibbons

Deezer wrote:

Good memory Deezer.  He did indeed do this back in 2007 at Mr Kyps in England.  There is an excellent recording of this show that has been available on Dime - I'm not sure if it is still there.  I know CuztardPi is occassionally on here - maybe he could reseed if it is not currently there.

I believe someone called this version "Blue Tea" - great take on both songs.  I remember the first time I heard it I took a long time to wrap my head around what I was hearing - awesome song/version.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

For some reason I thought it was Tea Deluxe. Oh well both work.  big_smile

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Funnily enough, I'm listening to Tea For One as I see this thread. I have to agree with all of the above opinions. Great take on a great song. I didn't know who sang it, either. Would LOVE to hear it live (Joe, PLEEEEASE do it at Bristol this October!!! big_smile  lol ) Do any of the band have a singing voice?? Would be the perfect spotlight for one of them!! One of my favorite covers.

Stay cool-stay Blue. cool   tongue

Stay cool-stay Blue. cool  tongue

samjp4 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

Good memory Deezer.  He did indeed do this back in 2007 at Mr Kyps in England.  There is an excellent recording of this show that has been available on Dime - I'm not sure if it is still there.  I know CuztardPi is occassionally on here - maybe he could reseed if it is not currently there.

I believe someone called this version "Blue Tea" - great take on both songs.  I remember the first time I heard it I took a long time to wrap my head around what I was hearing - awesome song/version.

Sandy

Sandy/Deezer - "Blue Tea" was actually written on the set list for that night and I was lucky enough to get a signed copy of it.  When Michael and I were outside listening to the band do their soundcheck and heard this we both automatically went "WOW"!

12 (edited by Michael 2010-07-20 08:17:00)

Here's the said vid, i recorded (in my recording days  cool ) at the famous Mr Kyps in Poole
Aug 2nd 2007
Joe merging Tea For One musically with Blues Deluxe Lyrics
pretty much the only documented version of "Tea For One" out there
Joe did infact do a version of Tea For One Live i believe back in 2007/8 on his US tour i think mid west somewhere, but has not surfaced yet

Michael

Enjoy

the vid starts at 3:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmZ-PChOzHg

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

I was at the show where tea for one, lyrics and all, was played.  It was the tour promoting sloe gin, so it was whatever summer that was.  if you dig back through my posts one of the really early ones might even have a review of the show.  It was in Indianapolis.  Doug lives in Indianapolis, so he was there to do the vocals.  He sounded great live.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

14 (edited by AdieJ 2010-07-21 21:55:36)

Michael wrote:

Here's the said vid, i recorded (in my recording days  cool ) at the famous Mr Kyps in Poole
Aug 2nd 2007
Joe merging Tea For One musically with Blues Deluxe Lyrics
pretty much the only documented version of "Tea For One" out there
Joe did infact do a version of Tea For One Live i believe back in 2007/8 on his US tour i think mid west somewhere, but has not surfaced yet

Michael

Enjoy

the vid starts at 3:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmZ-PChOzHg

Love the vid, Michael.
You know how it is- you click a You Tube link and get side-tracked with the choice of other vids. Well, I found this one:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke24gQxT … re=related

I'm going to see Walter Trout in Exeter on 24th Oct. Joe is arriving from Spain for the High Voltage Festival, but is free on the Sunday night!!
Joe, hows about it?? Fancy a quick trip down to Exeter for a repeat of your Jam with Walter?? I know it'd be tight-but.............................?
Dreamin'............... tongue

P.S. Sorry if this is a bit off-topic.

Stay cool-stay Blue. cool  tongue

dknight16 wrote:

...funny!... was listening to You and Me again tonight while i was working and did`nt know that!.... but think about this... just imagine at some place some gig some time... Joe announces we have a special guest... and on walks Mr Plant... and Tea For One starts up... now how much would you pay for a ticket to see that?  cool

...bet it happens one day!... and just hope i`m there when and if it does!  wink

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

He needs to do the full version of this - Plexi on 10!

suhl wrote:

I was at the show where tea for one, lyrics and all, was played.  It was the tour promoting sloe gin, so it was whatever summer that was.  if you dig back through my posts one of the really early ones might even have a review of the show.  It was in Indianapolis.  Doug lives in Indianapolis, so he was there to do the vocals.  He sounded great live.

"Tea For One" needs to be added to the setlist!  If not for Joe's solo tour, then DEAFinitely for the next BCC tour (if there is one).  Doug Henthorn would be a great special guest for vocals, but I'd also like to see either Joe or Glenn perform vocals a live version of this awesome song.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

=o|-[ wrote:
suhl wrote:

"Tea For One" needs to be added to the setlist!  If not for Joe's solo tour, then DEAFinitely for the next BCC tour (if there is one).  Doug Henthorn would be a great special guest for vocals, but I'd also like to see either Joe or Glenn perform vocals a live version of this awesome song.

+1 Or at least break it out at one of the London shows so that we have it on BluRay...