Re: Davy Knowles & Back Door Slam European Tour....

RickB wrote:

lol  lol  lol  Google trashinator at work. Did you try putting it in and running the translation back to English? That is a fun thing to try. You'd be amazed at what comes through the seive.

Yeah, and if the result is not funny enough, do it from the start.  English->German->English->German  smile  wink

"Tradition is not worshipping the ashes, but carrying the fire."

Guenter wrote:

Sie müssen wissen, Roy, daß der junge Davy seine Finger auch fünfmal überqueren kann und dabei auch noch Gitarre spielt.
All nonsense, of course
Günter

Here's how Google Translate handled your statement Günter:

"You need to know Roy, that the young Davy and his fingers crossed five times and can thereby also plays guitar."

What? wink I'm sure that's not exactly the way you meant it to come out. Funny how sometimes it translates languages pretty well and other times, it just makes me scratch my head. lol

Roy

PS Das nächste Mal sehe ich Davy, werde ich ihm sagen, dass er und seine Finger muss den Großen Teich wieder kreuzen, nur um Günter und Eva zu sehen. smile

Joe is the Best!

The Machine plays in Germany once in a while, so we have a few Germans who post on their forum now and then, and I'll never forget a certain German-to-English translator quirk that happened once.  In the guy's post he mentioned Norbert Stachel, a sax player who sometimes guests with The Machine and who used to play with Roger Waters.  Except his post didn't read "Norbert Stachel", it read "Norbert Prick"! lol   When I laughed about this, the guy explained he used a translator, and apparently "stachel" means "thorn"(?) and it somehow translated to "prick".  When he figured out the slang meaning of "prick", he was amused too.  But poor Norbert... I wonder if he runs into such misfortune with his last name very often? tongue

--Vik cool

lol Yes, "Stachel" means "thorn" or "sting/stinger".

Isn't that great? The European tour of DK & BDS is over but we're still having lots of fun in this thread....  cool

Rusty

"Tradition is not worshipping the ashes, but carrying the fire."

BluesMan wrote:

Das nächste Mal sehe ich Davy, werde ich ihm sagen, dass er und seine Finger muss den Großen Teich wieder kreuzen, nur um Günter und Eva zu sehen. smile

Yes, Roy, be sure that not only Davy is crossing the pond but his fingers, too. It wouldn´t be so nice to have him here without listening to his guitar playing. Have a good weekend!
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith