1 (edited by bonniemost 2010-12-15 10:38:38)

Topic: I hope you like the custom shroud for your signature LP - PICTURES

Hello Joe,

My husband and I saw you twice (Dec 5 & 8, 2010, Plaza Theatre & King Center) in 4 days and both shows were great.

I was able to meet you after the show in Orlando and give you one of my custom made satin shrouds with your name monogrammed on it to match your signature Gold Top Les Paul Model.....I hope you like it!!!!!!

sincerely,

Bonnie M.

Re: I hope you like the custom shroud for your signature LP - PICTURES

That sounds awesome! Do you have a picture for us?

Bill

Bill wrote:

That sounds awesome! Do you have a picture for us?

Bill

Hi Bill,

This is the photo of the one he signed for me, you can see part of his signature on the shroud, Joe quickly placed the one I gave him into his jacket pocket. His custom shroud was gold satin on top and black on the bottom with his name monogrammed in black to match his gold top signature model LP.

I'll post a picture of the shroud so you can see the entire signature when I get home. thanks,
Bonnie

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd53 … 0241-2.jpg

Oh man! Joe looks exhausted!

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Here are a couple more pictures of the signed shroud. It's awesome - thanks Joe!!!
Bonnie M.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd53 … CN0353.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd53 … CN0357.jpg

bonniemost wrote:

Here are a couple more pictures of the signed shroud. It's awesome - thanks Joe!!!
Bonnie M.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd53 … CN0353.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd53 … CN0357.jpg

That IS awesome!

A gift is a private matter. Or it should be. When you give a gift, it shouldn't be announced publicly unless you really gave it with the intent of self promotion.

Jane H. wrote:

well I was glad to see the pics, thanks for sharing. i also know what its like to want to get a message to Joe - even if i just got to see him and this is a good place to do that.

Isn't a gift a message in itself?
I had no idea...shroud...I was thinking something else.
Static ESD damage from satin, not necessarily to a guitar (although still possible), but other things in vicinity at some point.

Glad to see the photo though, and yes, a nice gesture Bonnie.  Sounds like you just want to join in so go right ahead. 

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

9 (edited by BluesMan 2010-12-16 08:33:50)

That's a Very Cool gift Bonnie! cool

Hmmm...you know, does Joe have a monogrammed silk robe? He could wear it before every show like a fighter as he's going into the ring. Or, how about a monogrammed Joe Bonamassa silk robe for around the house like Hugh Hefner? Hey, now there's a marketing idea! Can't you just see Rocket or Michael walking around their respective pads wearing a robe with a Joe "JB" emblem? Of course, we'd have to have a ladies version, Patty would insist on it! wink

Roy

Joe is the Best!

BluesMan wrote:

Hmmm...you know, does Joe have a monogrammed silk robe? He could wear it before every show like a fighter as he's going into the ring. Or, how about a monogrammed Joe Bonamassa silk robe for around the house like Hugh Hefner? Hey, now there's a marketing idea! Can't you just see Rocket or Michael walking around their respective pads wearing a robe with a Joe "JB" emblem? Of course, we'd have to have a ladies version, Patty would insist on it! wink

Roy

cool Walking around town in it!!!  lol

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

BluesMan wrote:

Roy

Thank you BluesMan  smile

And what a great idea....I see another gift on the horizon  wink

bonnie m.

Spider wrote:

A gift is a private matter. Or it should be. When you give a gift, it shouldn't be announced publicly unless you really gave it with the intent of self promotion.

Way to drop the serious bomb...!  sad

I think it's great and if someone wants to share it, fine...this is the internet after all. People put everything on here...

DaveWammbarro wrote:
Spider wrote:

I think it's great and if someone wants to share it, fine...this is the internet after all. People put everything on here...

I know my comment sounds harsh. There's a reason...

Last year in the Joes gear section there was a guy who at a show gave Joe a strat style guitar he made. This guy kept asking for Joe's approval of the so called "gift". This guy desperately wanted Joes approval of said gift as he sells S & T style guitars on fleabay. Search using "Bonamassa" under title and description on ebay and you'll see what I mean. or go here, http://cgi.ebay.com/Relic-Stratocaster- … 43a3edf569
His current auctions state he's built guitars for Joe and other celebrities. Now if Joe had made a comment about said guitar on said thread, I'm sure this guy would have used that also in his auction descriptions. When I called the guy on what he was doing, the thread remarkably disappeared. hmmmm......

I now see there's a woman from Melbourne Florida on fleabay selling guitar shrouds. If Joe states his approval would that comment be quoted to promote a ebay auction? I hope I'm wrong!!

I highly disapprove of people using unapproved celebrity names to promote their wares. Specifically Joe's name. Call me protective. And...yes, to me a gift is personal and should remain as such.

Stay Safe

Spider wrote:
DaveWammbarro wrote:
Spider wrote:

Last year in the Joes gear section there was a guy who at a show gave Joe a strat style guitar he made. This guy kept asking for Joe's approval of the so called "gift". This guy desperately wanted Joes approval of said gift as he sells S & T style guitars on fleabay. Search using "Bonamassa" under title and description on ebay and you'll see what I mean. or go here, http://cgi.ebay.com/Relic-Stratocaster- … 43a3edf569
His current auctions state he's built guitars for Joe and other celebrities. Now if Joe had made a comment about said guitar on said thread, I'm sure this guy would have used that also in his auction descriptions. When I called the guy on what he was doing, the thread remarkably disappeared. hmmmm......

I now see there's a woman from Melbourne Florida on fleabay selling guitar shrouds. If Joe states his approval would that comment be quoted to promote a ebay auction? I hope I'm wrong!!

I highly disapprove of people using unapproved celebrity names to promote their wares. Specifically Joe's name. Call me protective. And...yes, to me a gift is personal and should remain as such.

Stay Safe

Hey Spider,

I typically only like to read comments and I prefer not to leave messages or sign up for this junk.......but YOU have me signing up for this, I can't stand it any more.
After reading all the comments and doing some research myself......I have come to the conclusion that YOU - mr spider are promoting this woman (Questions - are you related to her? and why would YOU mention anything about ebay?), it appears that you have more interest in promoting her than she has in promoting herself?? wtf - WHY ARE YOU MAKING SUCH A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT???  Are you upset that someone else had a good time besides you? Talk about the Grinch that stole Christmas, way to go mr spider!!!!

If she does make and sell these things.....SO WHAT. Based on what YOU wrote, I went to ebay and looked these things up, assuming this is the same person, there is not one item that is related to Joe, so there you go promoting her and you are assuming and speculating that she is trying to make something from his name. There is not one shread of evidence that indicates this was her intent. [off topic: In fact, I think they are cool, thanks mr spider for the information, I might have to have one for my Les Paul].

The pictures she has posted in this topic were from a request by bill (a Joe B fan club member),  as far as I can tell none of the photos are of the actual gift. So it's no different than someone having him sign an 8x10 photo and posting a picture of the event, in fact, it's more likely you'll see the signed 8x10 on ebay.

And while I'm at it....I would like to know who appointed you the "gift nazi", if this woman wants to give Joe a gift for whatever reason it's her business, NOT YOURS!! You speak of intentions, unless you are related to her......you would have no idea what her intention was....so don't assume and speculate anything. We're all presumed innocent until proven guilty.

She (bonniemost) has NOT once mentioned anything other than what a great experience she had and what a pleasant person Joe was. She only wants to know if he liked the gift!!!!! How else would someone get ahold of Joe, other than this forum?

I love the story and I love the pictures....THANK YOU FOR SHARING.  To bonniemost, not once have you "self-promoted" and I commend you for that!!!!! You easily could have and you chose not to. It is mr spider who is doing all the promoting. Don't let mr spider ruin your experience and don't get drawn into the "web of response" like I did to mr spider, YOU don't need to explain yourself to anyone.

Here is what I see:
1) you gave Joe a gift and want to know if he liked it
2) you got a picture and autograph with Joe

GOOD FOR YOU - I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU and what a cool experience, maybe someday I'll get to meet him!!!! And you know what, I hope you hear from Joe himself and I hope he LOVES your gift and tells everyone that he does.

Peace,
LedZepp
Glens Falls, NY

ledzepp wrote:
Spider wrote:
DaveWammbarro wrote:

Stay Safe

Hey Spider,

I typically only like to read comments and I prefer not to leave messages or sign up for this junk.......but YOU have me signing up for this, I can't stand it any more.
After reading all the comments and doing some research myself......I have come to the conclusion that YOU - mr spider are promoting this woman (Questions - are you related to her? and why would YOU mention anything about ebay?), it appears that you have more interest in promoting her than she has in promoting herself?? wtf - WHY ARE YOU MAKING SUCH A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT???  Are you upset that someone else had a good time besides you? Talk about the Grinch that stole Christmas, way to go mr spider!!!!

If she does make and sell these things.....SO WHAT. Based on what YOU wrote, I went to ebay and looked these things up, assuming this is the same person, there is not one item that is related to Joe, so there you go promoting her and you are assuming and speculating that she is trying to make something from his name. There is not one shread of evidence that indicates this was her intent. [off topic: In fact, I think they are cool, thanks mr spider for the information, I might have to have one for my Les Paul].

The pictures she has posted in this topic were from a request by bill (a Joe B fan club member),  as far as I can tell none of the photos are of the actual gift. So it's no different than someone having him sign an 8x10 photo and posting a picture of the event, in fact, it's more likely you'll see the signed 8x10 on ebay.

And while I'm at it....I would like to know who appointed you the "gift nazi", if this woman wants to give Joe a gift for whatever reason it's her business, NOT YOURS!! You speak of intentions, unless you are related to her......you would have no idea what her intention was....so don't assume and speculate anything. We're all presumed innocent until proven guilty.

She (bonniemost) has NOT once mentioned anything other than what a great experience she had and what a pleasant person Joe was. She only wants to know if he liked the gift!!!!! How else would someone get ahold of Joe, other than this forum?

I love the story and I love the pictures....THANK YOU FOR SHARING.  To bonniemost, not once have you "self-promoted" and I commend you for that!!!!! You easily could have and you chose not to. It is mr spider who is doing all the promoting. Don't let mr spider ruin your experience and don't get drawn into the "web of response" like I did to mr spider, YOU don't need to explain yourself to anyone.

Here is what I see:
1) you gave Joe a gift and want to know if he liked it
2) you got a picture and autograph with Joe

GOOD FOR YOU - I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU and what a cool experience, maybe someday I'll get to meet him!!!! And you know what, I hope you hear from Joe himself and I hope he LOVES your gift and tells everyone that he does.

Peace,
LedZepp
Glens Falls, NY

Welcome! Too bad you missed my point. But then again I have difficulty properly expressing myself. Glad I got a reaction however!!  lol

Haha, 'gift nazi'!

Actually Spider, now you've mentioned that ebay seller...I've found it's free worldwide shipping...so she's got herself a sale from me.
Nice promotion...perhaps it's alllll a conspiracy!  tongue

I think people need to relax a little...Joe is hardly getting ripped off or the name stuck on shady deals. I know you all look out for Joe...and that's cool...but Joe's all grown up now (18th birthday part was the RAH  cool ).

17 (edited by BluesMan 2010-12-16 16:00:40)

Well, let me state this LOUD AND CLEAR ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!

I love getting presents, so anyone that wants to give me anything worthwhile, please send it to:

Roy a/k/a BluesMan
c/o Joe Bonamassa
Me No Money Falls, Wisconsin 53051

Don't worry, the mail service knows exactly who I am and my home address.  cool  lol

Roy

P.S. You can even say you gave it to me and take pictures too! wink

Joe is the Best!

Don't back Joe Bonamassa into a corner.  I heard Spider and he is not a mean-spirited judgmental fool.  I come off as that far more often than he.  He stated an opinion, backed it up with some information that was not forthcoming, threw another fastball opinion down the middle and was done.  I am all for gifting, if it is given in the spirit of gifts.  There is something dubious about coming onto this forum and using your appearance to jack up sales-totally cheesy.  If that is what is going on.  To come on and gloat about the show is certainly a good thing, but it centering on the gift process, from oneself, then a self declaration of "It's awesome" (says you).  It's just kind of weird to see his name "monogrammed", then his actual signature-makes for an advertisement if that WAS the intention or NOT!  LedZep from Glens Falls (you want to debate? Meet me at the Target snack counter at Aviation Mall high noon on December 24th), actually you come off more completely as being connected to the woman...We have had many people attempt to weasel their way into a reverse endorsement on here and THAT is why anyone would be a "gift nazi".  Keep it private.  Otherwise you face scrutiny. 

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket