Topic: Les Paul with bigsby

Hello all-
I was just curious if anyone knows anything about the les Paul joe uses on last kiss and so many roads on this most current tour. I think I heard somewhere that there is going to be another JB signature les Paul with a bigsby.

Thanks everyone!

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Re: Les Paul with bigsby

They need a JB signature model with a fantastic quilt or flame top like his... I was drooling over his les pauls all night at the concert

I swear I think thats the les paul he was playing in the rock plaza video.  It has a wild looking wood grain to it and so does the bigsby LP he's got now.  All thats different is the plastic pickguard and rings plus the bigsby.

after doing a bit of research i think it is the same guitar as well.... what is that color?

Thanks Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

amber? or lemon.  I've asked that question before but I never got an answer on that.

i love the flame on it... i have been searching but i cant find anything like it

7 (edited by GoT MuLe 31788 2009-03-07 09:10:35)

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9086

He comments on it here where he talks about an amp he used on the Gibson vids.

Ben

Hey Ben-
Thanks a lot... it is SO beautiful.

Logan

Haaa.. honestly.. its the first 58 historic LP that I have been playing for 8 years.. Dave swapped the plastic to black and put the bigsby on it.. totally made it a new guitar.. its quite nice really..
Joe B

AD3THREE wrote:

I swear I think thats the les paul he was playing in the rock plaza video.  It has a wild looking wood grain to it and so does the bigsby LP he's got now.  All thats different is the plastic pickguard and rings plus the bigsby.

WOW!!!  You nailed it.........good eye for detail
ss

11 (edited by Logo33 2009-03-07 19:54:25)

The necks are so huge on those 58's, I guess Ill just have to man up and suck it up. Ill start looking for one like that after i get the JB Goldtop :-)

Logan

Logo33 wrote:

Hello all-
I was just curious if anyone knows anything about the les Paul joe uses on last kiss and so many roads on this most current tour. I think I heard somewhere that there is going to be another JB signature les Paul with a bigsby.

Thanks everyone!

Logan

Man that would be awesome for a new JB sig2 !  I just missed out on his Goldtop sig because I purchased a Gibson '58 reissue prior to the release.  Where did you hear of a new sig?

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

It'd be a nice $799 Epiphone JB Sig!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I have a 2001 58 Historic (Serial# 811066) and I LOVE the neck on it. I bet you'd get used to it quickly.

Logo33 wrote:

The necks are so huge on those 58's, I guess Ill just have to man up and suck it up. Ill start looking for one like that after i get the JB Goldtop :-)

Logan

I bet Bigsbies would really help the tone on a Les Paul since the 2 together weight about 13 lbs.!